Sr. Deputy Production Specialist
Sr Deputy Production Specialist
In conjunction with the Senior Production Manager, lead and contribute to the successful execution of production operations in planning and executing festivals at sea and land with goal of providing world class experience for guests and artists
Leadership, Relationships, Strategy, Innovation, Proactive, Creative, Action Oriented
· Serve alongside Senior Production Manager to contribute to the company’s overall mission, strategy, culture and processes for world class execution of multi-stage / multi-day themed festivals (at sea and on land)
· Support Senior Production Manager in advancing all festival artists and production vendors, ensuring their needs are successfully met to ensure world class events.
· Lead several of the Company’s music festivals annually as the onsite event Production Manager, leading all onboard production staff (including but not limited to S&L techs, loaders, stage managers, security, medical, hospitality, local labor, etc.) in the successful implementation of each event.
· Work closely with other Sixthman staff members during events you lead, adjusting event logistics and schedule as needed (due to weather or other contingencies) to ensure their success.
· In conjunction with the Senior Production Manager, negotiate and secure sound, lights, staging and backline vendors for our events.
· In conjunction with Senior Production Manager, identify, engage and hire Stage Managers, Hospitality, Techs, Security and Labor for our events.
· Serve as primary contact to Tour Managers for contracted talent for events where you will be onsite Production Manager
· Prepare and navigate US and International Customs requirements for events where you will be onsite Production Manager
· Settle with artists and vendors for events where you will be onsite Production Manager
· Book and manage travel (Air/Ground/Hotel) for event staff including but not limited to Production and Security
· Arrange local Ground Transportation for artists as contracted.
· Arrange and manage all trucks and vehicles that will be used for each event, ensuring compliant documentation and licensing is in place.
· Coordinate with SXM Logistics Manager to create manifest for SXM owned gear that will be used during events.
· In conjunction with Senior Production Manager, recommend, develop and implement process and procedure improvements to support scalability of growth of the company with focus on increased efficiency, accuracy, and cost effectiveness as well as enhancing guest and artist experience.
· Attend relevant industry events or festivals to monitor best practices and make appropriate recommendations to keep Sixthman on the leading edge of industry
· Attend weekly Operations team meetings.
· Additional projects and duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree required (or equivalent experience)
· 6+ years of relevant experience
· Experience with multiple stage music festivals required
· Contract negotiation experience required
· Customs or manifesting experience preferred
· Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others
· Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask
· Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes or challenges
· Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
· Detail oriented with high accuracy
· Computer proficiency (Email, Word, and strong Excel skills)
DISCUSSIONS YOU LEAD
Responsible for leading conversations with Tour Managers, CM Specialists, Event Managers, Artists, Production, Crew, etc., on events where you will serve as the onsite Production Manager.
WHO LEADS YOU
Senior Production Manager