Senior Marketing & Communications Specialist
Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist
Support the marketing team by owning all traditional marketing and public relations efforts along with our contracted PR team. Develop and maintain key media, advertising, and promotions relationships while negotiating the most favorable rates and coverage possible for individual events at sea or land (including internationally) while advancing the overall Sixthman brand and guiding teammates and support staff.
Leading, Supportive, Consistency, Presentation, Tone, Message, Clarity, Creative, Organized
· Support the company’s marketing department including:
o Own Sixthman’s traditional marketing and public relations strategy and calendar
o Train and mentor Marketing Communications Specialist
o Build and further develop the Sixthman and individual event followings and databases by traditional means
o Serve on the Event Board, representing Marketing for assigned events.
o Collaborate with Senior Marketing Specialist to ensure traditional marketing is supporting, strengthening, and complimenting or paid and organic digital efforts
o Contribute to communication strategies by re-shaping and overhauling verbiage, graphics and call to actions and by utilizing A/B Subject Testing to increase engagement
o Spearhead company’s iHeart Media, Audacy, Spectrum, Comcast, Lamar, CBS Outdoor, and other traditional media accounts, promotions, and placements
o Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of current traditional marketing best practices and keep the team informed of new or emerging trends and tools
o Understand and advance Sixthman’s show & tell marketing approach and utilize best practices for photo/video assets
o Analyze Google Analytics data to make marketing recommendations
o Work with Marketing Specialist and outside PR contractor(s) to draft press releases and NCL to ensure positive press placement for assigned events and Sixthman brand
o Familiarize yourself with company’s video and photo assets and help locate images for various people and projects
o Work with digital marketing team to prodive traditional partners with proper creative and assets for their digital channels
o Work directly with partner and partner’s marketing teams for joint promotions for launches, lineup announces and other news.
o Lead design and vision for printed collateral, tour promo, etc. on assigned events
· Represent the company on phone calls with potential media and promotional partners, partner’s marketing teams and potential software partners
· Be familiar with onboard photography and filming requirements and restrictions and facilitate through the process of required documents, approvals, etc. if marketing owns the relationship with the filming partner.
· Additional projects and duties as assigned
· Attend several of the Company’s land or sea events annually to serve as or otherwise support Public Relations team at venue and perform various duties at venue as needed, which could include overseeing onboard filming.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 4-5 years of relevant experience
· Experience with public relations communications and strategy, writing and servicing press releases, and maintaining and developing key media relationships
· Proficiency in traditional marketing strategies, media buying, and scheduling – Radio, TV, Outdoor, etc.
· Proficiency in Google Analytics
· Proficiency in social media strategies and paid digital advertising a plus
· Experience with email service providers such as Mailchimp, Tailored Mail, etc.
· Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Creative and ‘out of the box’ writing style for audio and video scripts, press releases, etc.
· Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
· Detail oriented with high accuracy
· Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask
· Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes or challenges
· Computer proficiency (Email, Word, and strong Excel skills)
DISCUSSIONS YOU LEAD
Paid Traditional Marketing and un-booked guest strategies, Media Partnerships, Marketing Timelines and Budget Allocations for assigned events
WHO LEADS YOU
Director of Marketing
APPLY HERE: https://sixthman.bamboohr.com/careers/62?source=aWQ9MjQ%3D